October brings cooler weather, pumpkins, Halloween…. and National Energy Awareness Month. Introduced by President George H.W. Bush in 1991, the purpose of National Energy Awareness Month is to encourage the federal government, state governments and organizations to raise awareness of the importance of energy sustainability and managing our world’s resources.
Tampa Electric has been doing its part to encourage sustainability by providing our residential and business customers with energy-saving programs for almost 40 years. In that time, we’ve performed more than 458,000 free energy audits and paid more than 482,000 rebates. Currently, we offer 36 programs to help residential and business customers save on energy costs.
Here are just a few of the many energy-efficiency programs we offer that you may be able to take advantage of to help protect the earth and your wallet:
- Energy Audit – Schedule to have one of our energy analysts inspect your home and identify areas where you may be wasting valuable energy.
- Energy Planner – Our free Energy Planner puts you in control of your energy costs by offering rates that are lower 87 percent of the time. You can maximize your savings when you make simple adjustments to the time of day when you purchase electricity.
- Ductwork – Stop air leaks and have one of our approved contractors seal your entire duct system for as little as $80. A free pre-approval inspection is required.
- Heating and Cooling – Earn a rebate up to $135 when you replace your old, inefficient air conditioning system with a new, energy-efficient system that meets our energy-saving standards.
- Ceiling Insulation – Schedule a pre-approval attic inspection and you may receive $0.14 per square foot of insulation installed.
- Window Replacement – Earn a rebate of $2.20 per square foot when you replace existing windows with energy-efficient windows within conditioned space.
- Education, Awareness & Outreach – Invite an energy expert from Tampa Electric to present valuable energy-saving tips and program information at your event. An event can include a group of customers gathering for a neighborhood meeting, a classroom of adults and/or children, a business function and more.
- Neighborhood Weatherization – Qualifying homes may receive a free energy-saving kit, attic insulation and duct sealing. This program is available to homes located within geographic regions identified through U.S. Census data that qualify as a low-income home. To see if your home qualifies, call Tampa Electric’s independent contractor, Alternative Energy Applications at 813-685-4631.
Visit tampaelectric.com to view a complete list of energy-efficiency programs for homes and businesses, along with important details about each program. You’ll also find energy-efficiency tips that can help you start saving immediately. To learn more and participate in any of our programs, call our energy experts on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 813-275-3909. Working together, we can all make a positive impact during National Energy Awareness Month and all year long.