October brings cooler weather, pumpkins, Halloween…and something else that can bring value to your life all year round: National Energy Awareness Month. Introduced by President George H.W. Bush in 1991, the purpose of National Energy Awareness Month is to raise awareness among everyone about the importance of energy sustainability and protecting our world’s resources. This is a big deal for you, for Tampa Electric and for everyone in the communities we’re proud to serve.
At Tampa Electric, we’ve been doing our part to encourage sustainability for nearly 40 years. In that time, we’ve performed more than 465,000 energy audits that help customers like you use energy more wisely and become more energy-efficient. In addition to the energy audits, Tampa Electric offers many energy-efficiency programs. At the end of 2016, more than 764,000 customers have participated in these programs. Today, we offer 36 programs to help our residential and business customers reduce their overall energy usage and ultimately their energy costs.
Here are just a few of the many energy-efficiency programs we offer that you may be able to take advantage of to help protect the earth and your wallet:
- Energy Audit – Schedule to have one of our energy analysts inspect your home and identify areas where you may be wasting valuable energy.
- Energy Planner – Our free Energy Planner puts you in control of your energy costs by offering rates that are lower 87 percent of the time. You can maximize your savings when you make simple adjustments to the time of day when you purchase electricity.
- Ductwork – Stop air leaks and have one of our approved contractors seal your entire duct system for as little as $80. A free pre-approval inspection is required.
- Heating and Cooling – Earn a rebate up to $135 when you replace your old, inefficient air conditioning system with a new, energy-efficient system that meets our energy-saving standards.
- Ceiling Insulation – Schedule a pre-approval attic inspection and you may receive $0.14 per square foot of insulation installed.
- Window Replacement – Earn a rebate of $2.20 per square foot when you replace existing windows with energy-efficient windows within conditioned space.
- Education, Awareness & Outreach – Invite an energy expert from Tampa Electric to present valuable energy-saving tips and program information at your event. An event can include a group of customers gathering for a neighborhood meeting, a classroom of adults and/or children, a business function and more.
- Neighborhood Weatherization – Qualifying homes may receive a free energy-saving kit, attic insulation and duct sealing. This program is available to homes located within geographic regions identified through U.S. Census data that qualify as a low-income home. To see if your home qualifies, call Tampa Electric’s independent contractor, Alternative Energy Applications at 813-685-4631.
Visit tampaelectric.com to view a complete list of energy-efficiency programs for homes and businesses, along with important details about each program. You’ll also find energy-efficiency tips that can help you start saving immediately. To learn more and participate in any of our programs, call our energy experts on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 813-275-3909. Working together, we can all make a positive impact during National Energy Awareness Month and all year long.