Most power outages –more than half – are caused by natural occurrences such as tree limbs and animals coming in contact with electrical equipment or lighting and other bad weather. Problems with electrical equipment and human interference, like vehicle accidents or vandalism, are the cause of about 35% of outages. Scheduled maintenance on equipment makes up a small percentage of service interruptions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Standing strong to #stopscams is an effort we must all make together
- Light your home safely and efficiently this holiday season
- TECO declares Victory in its commitment to retired veterans and retired-veterans-to-be
- There’s no masking our commitment to the community – and especially to children in need
- May your holidays be merry, bright and safe!