Most power outages –more than half – are caused by natural occurrences such as tree limbs and animals coming in contact with electrical equipment or lighting and other bad weather. Problems with electrical equipment and human interference, like vehicle accidents or vandalism, are the cause of about 35% of outages. Scheduled maintenance on equipment makes up a small percentage of service interruptions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- As America celebrates the greatness of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., TECO team members join in
- Turn cold weather into gold at Tampa Electric’s Manatee Viewing Center
- We’ll come to the rescue together: Saving energy with Tampa Electric in 2018
- A look back at a few ways we made connecting with you a top priority in 2017
- Revisiting the stuff that makes the holidays a little better for those in need