Most power outages –more than half – are caused by natural occurrences such as tree limbs and animals coming in contact with electrical equipment or lighting and other bad weather. Problems with electrical equipment and human interference, like vehicle accidents or vandalism, are the cause of about 35% of outages. Scheduled maintenance on equipment makes up a small percentage of service interruptions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Thank you, TECO customers, for your support during and after Hurricane Irma
- A Tampa Electric Energy Audit makes perfect sense for your home or business
- Thank you, first responders, for your help during and after Hurricane Irma
- Snapshots of our commitment to you through #IrmaRecovery
- A hurricane in New Mexico?