Most power outages –more than half – are caused by natural occurrences such as tree limbs and animals coming in contact with electrical equipment or lighting and other bad weather. Problems with electrical equipment and human interference, like vehicle accidents or vandalism, are the cause of about 35% of outages. Scheduled maintenance on equipment makes up a small percentage of service interruptions.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- (Sun)light, camera, action: Big Bend solar field is ready for prime time
- Saving you money and helping the environment at the same time: Tampa Electric earns ENERGY STAR Market Leader award
- Tampa Electric creates fund to benefit families affected by incident at Big Bend Power Station
- Big Bend team has a Guide for creating lifelong friendships in the community
- Gordon Gillette addresses the community